Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FLIGHT HAS BEEN BOOKED! FINALLY!

I'M GOING TO ROME! The flight was booked a few hours ago. Strange how this came about. I've had the money for 3 weeks but could not find anyone to book with me. I finally decided yesterday that I would book Wednesday, even if I have to book a single and pay the extra $300 or so it would cost. I announced that on Facebook and suddenly I get a PM from a friend (more of an acquaintance at this point) that she was interested in joining us. I gave her the details (dates, hotel, the flight the others were on, etc.) and she said she was in. Then her daughter (whom I haven't yet met) wanted to join us. So now in a matter of hours I went from booking a single to booking a triple!

So, today Gale checked United Airlines, since she has frequent flyer miles and was able to find an even cheaper flight! So, I went from spending $1900 to $1550 to $1496 (all approximates). So, while I won't be on the same flight as Hoda and the others from the East Metro Girls (the meetup group this is with), we will still be in the same hotel. Hoda says we'll be arriving about the same time, and in the same terminal.

Gale put all 3 flights on her credit card for now. I will be paying her back ASAP. I have it, I just need to make arrangements with her.

Now 6 months to get ready. I need to go get a passport this weekend. I've started buying a few odds and ends already, such as 3 oz bottles, first aid kit, 2 adapters (one for camera charger and one for the cell), earplugs, sleep mask, lip balm, etc. Need to get in (better) shape (will be doing tons of walking there), save money and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment